AD302 material science summer 2018
Free download question paper of material science winter 2016
Notes for Pulse & Digital circuit
Free Download AMIE Section A study notes on AD 302
Result of lab and project
AMIE WINTER 2017 RESULT HAS BEEN DECLARED
Query related to re registration of section b
study notes

Registration Running on Online Classes for AMIE Summer 2018 Click Here to Register

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT AMIE EXAMINATIONS

Get details about AMIE , Elegibility, coarse structure, Fees Strucure, Updated information from IEI(india)........

Postby PREETI » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:30 pm

AMIE REVISED SCHEME OF SECTIONS 'A' AND 'B' EXAMINATIONS

Q. 1 From which examination Revised Scheme of Sections A & B will be introduced ?

Ans. Revised Scheme of Sections A & B examinations will be introduced with effect from Summer 2005 examination.

Q. 2 What are the engineering branches in which Section B Examinations will be conducted from Summer 2005?

Ans. Section B examination would be conducted in ten engineering branches, namely , Civil, Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Mechanical, Materials & Metallurgical, Mining , Production and Textile engineering.

Q. 3 Whether Sections A & B examinations in existing scheme and revised scheme will be conducted concurrently?

Ans. Yes, Sections A & B examinations in existing as well as in revised scheme will be conducted concurrently for two consecutive examinations, i.e., Summer 2005 and Winter 2005.

Q. 4 How many subjects are required to pass in Section A (Non-diploma)/ Section (Diploma) / Section B examination?

Ans. Number of subjects to pass in Section A (Non-diploma) will be 10; Section A (Diploma) – 4 and Section B – 9. In addition, project work and laboratory experiments are compulsory.

Q. 5 Is there any restriction of subject to appear in an examination?

Ans. Yes, maximum number of subjects in which a candidate shall be permitted to appear at a time in an examination is as follows :

Section A (Non-diploma) Four subjects

Section A (Diploma) All four subjects

Section B Four subjects

Q. 6 What would be the evaluation system?

Ans. Grading system, instead of marks, shall be followed for evaluation of all elements of the revised scheme. However, candidates continuing in existing scheme will be awarded marks, instead of grade, in all subjects as per existing examination rules.

Q. 7 Whether project work and laboratory experiments are compulsory?

Ans. Yes, project work and laboratory experiments are compulsory. For details, including the eligibility, click here

Q. 8 What would be the time period to pass Section A/Section B examination?

Ans. Time period to pass Section A/Section B examination is as below :

Section A : 6 (six) years from the date of election as Technician / Senior Technician member.

Section B : 6 (six) years after passing Section A examination. This would also be applicable to Associates / Corporate members desiring to appear in Section B examination in additional branch of engineering from the date of their first appearance in the examination.

Q. 9 Is there any time gap after passing Section A examination and for appearing in Section B examination?

Ans. No. After passing Section A examination, a candidate is eligible to appear in Section B in immediate next examination after registration for Section B.

For the procedure of registration for Section B, click here

A candidate will become eligible for project work after passing any five subjects in Section B, (see details)

Q. 10 What is the procedure for registration of Section B?

Ans. A registration form with requisite fee is required to be submitted after passing Section A Examination (see details)

Q. 11 I have already applied for Technician/Senior Technician membership but not received the membership number. In which scheme am I eligible to appear from Summer 2005 examination?

Ans. If your date of election as member is on or after 1 Nov 04, you are eligible to appear only in revised scheme with effect from Summer 2005 examination.

Q. 12 I have become the member of the Institution before 1 Nov 04. Which scheme am I eligible to appear from Summer 2005 examination?

Ans. Two options would be available to you for appearing in Section A/Section B examination from Summer 2005. Options are: Either to switch over from existing scheme to revised scheme OR to continue in existing scheme. For details, click here

Q. 13 I have passed Section A examination but have not applied for registration for project work. Now, I am interested to pursue Section B examination.

Ans. Existing candidates who have passed Section A up to Summer 2004 examination and do not register for project work till 07 Jan 05, shall be permitted to appear in Section B examination only in the revised scheme.

Q. 14 How to get application proforma for switching over to revised scheme?

Ans. Application proforma for switching over to revised scheme would be printed in December 2004 issue of Technicians’ Journal. It will also be placed on the website.

Q. 15 How to get application proforma for registration of Section B.

Ans. Application proforma for registration of Section B would be printed in December 2004 issue of Technicians’ Journal. It will also be placed on the website.

Q. 16 If I pass Section A examination in Winter 2004, which scheme I shall be permitted to appear in Section B examination?

Ans. Candidates passing Section A examination in Winter 2004 shall be permitted to appear in Section B examination from Summer 2005 onwards in the revised scheme only.

Q. 17 My two-year extension for examination registration in existing scheme will expire in Winter 2004 examination. What options would be available to me?

Ans. Two options would be available for appearing in Section A/Section B examination from Summer 2005. Options are: Either to switch over from existing scheme to revised scheme OR to continue in existing scheme. For details, click here

Q. 18 My six year stipulated period in existing scheme will expire in Winter 2004 examination. What options would be available to me?

Ans. Two options would be available. Options are: Either to switch over from existing scheme to revised scheme OR to continue in existing scheme. For details, click here

Q. 19 My six-year stipulated period will expire in Winter 2004 examination and if I do not complete my Section A/Section B up to and including Winter 2005 examination during my extension of examination registration period, what option would be available to me?

Ans. In case time period to pass Section A/Section B examination is insufficient at the end of transitory period, i.e., Winter 2005 Examination such candidates would be eligible to apply for examination re-registration on payment of Rs.1200/- forfeiting their previous subject(s) exemption(s), as there is no provision of extension of two years in the revised examination rules. Six-year period for examination re-registration shall be counted from Summer 2006 examination for such candidates.

Q. 20 If I fail to secure any exemption till Winter 2005 examination under existing scheme in Section A/Section B, what option would be available to me?

Ans. Candidates would be required to appear in revised scheme with effect from Summer 2006 examination without payment of Rs. 400/- as processing fee. Section B candidates would be required to apply for registration for Section B (see details)

Q. 21 I am a member of the Institution and wish to continue in existing scheme till Winter 2005 examination. Am I expected to inform to the Institution for the same.

Ans. No. Candidates wish to continue in existing scheme need not to send any application or request.

Q. 22 Will it be permissible to switch over to revised scheme after Summer 2005 examination.

Ans. No. Option for existing candidates to switch over to revised scheme with processing fee of Rs. 400/- will not be considered after 8 Apr 05 under any circumstance.
PREETI

Return to ABOUT AMIE