In this notes you find an overview of the basic design of a computer system: how the different parts of a computer system are organized and various operations performed to perform a specific task. You would have observed that instructions have to be fed into the computer in a systematic order to perform a specific task. Computer components are divided into two major categories, namely, hardware and software. In this lesson we will discuss about hardware, i.e., the machine itself and its connected devices such as monitor, keyboard, mouse etc., as well as software that makes use of hardware for performing various functions.
After going through this lesson you would be able to:
1. explain basic organization of computer system
2. explain different types of input and output devices
3. define Software and its classification
4. distinguish between system software and application
6. describe computer language and its classification