In each branch there will be nine subjects to study. Of this, 6 are compulsory and 3 are optional (electives). The optional subjects may be selected by the student himself. (The list of subjects/optionals/syllabus are downloadable).
Once the engineering branch and optional subjects selected , its time for submitting application for Section B registration. Registration fee is Rs 3000/-.
The procedure to apply for Section B registration is as given below.
1. Download and print out Section B Registration Form
2. Select your engineering branch of study.(You may select ANY branch as you wish)
3. Select any one optional group of subjects.
4. Select any three subjects of interests from that group.(Don't worry you can change optional subjects later if you want).
5. Note down the codes of these subjects.
6. Now fill up Section B registration form.
7. Fill up Engagement Form.
8. Paste your photograph.
8. Get your photo and signature attested by a supporter (AMIE/MIE/FIE holder).
9. Draw and attach a DD worth Rs 3000/- in favour of "The Institution of Engineers (India)" payable at Kolkata.
10. Send application and DD to Head Quarters, Kolkata.