Study Material on ELECTRIC FIELDS AND CHARGE for Amie sec B Contain
1. Explain, interpret and use the terms: electric charge, coulomb, electron, electronic charge, conservation of charge, ion, electrostatic force, permittivity, permittivity of free space, conduction, electric field, field lines, field strength, uniform field, surface charge density, electrical shielding.
2. Describe a number of processes by which electric charges can be separated.
3. Describe the qualitative features of the interactions of static charges.
4. State and apply the relation between electric force and electric field.
5. Describe and explain examples of applications and hazards of electrostatic phenomena.
6. (a) Sketch electrostatic field-line diagrams for systems with simple conductor shapes including parallel plates, concentric cylinders, isolated sphere, parallel cylinders.
(b) Interpret given field-line diagrams in terms of magnitude and direction of the field.
7. State and apply the relation between the surface change density and electric field at the surface of a conductor.
8. Describe and discuss principles and examples of electrostatic shielding.
For download click on that
Study Material on ELECTRIC FIELDS AND CHARGE for Amie sec B